Saturday, September 30, 2006

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Atlast...Finally...after SO many days I've got my laptop back...and the exams are almost over but there's more to come - the results!!

Finished reading 'The Machine Gunners'. It is indeed the best book aout WW II, well it's not exactly about it...it's about other things too, read it if you want to know. I'm not gonna write the story here. Went to the library last evening, and started reading 'Jessica Haggerthwaite: Witch Dispatcher' last night. This book's by Emma Barnes and I haven't read any book by her yet. So it's about a girl (Jessica) whose mother wants to be a proffesional witch. And she wants to be a world-famous scientist and having a mother who's a witch would be weird. I haven't read much but the illutrations remind me of 'The Witches' by Roald Dahl. Umm...Tim Archbold but it was Quentin Blake for 'The Witches'....the sketches look same though.

"One child a week equals fifty-two a year, squash them and squiggle them and make them disapper." This is the motto of all witches in Dahl's world. Ever read that book? Well, you're not gonna read it now right? I read that when I was 11. And even 'Charlie and The Chocolate Factory', 'The BFG', 'Esio Trot', 'The Girrafe and the Pelly and Me', 'James and The Giant Peach', 'Boy' and 'Matilda'.

So today my friend's gonna come back to Bhopal for the holidays, from her boarding school in Rajasthan. So we'll meet up somewhere and party! Bye and take care!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've missed a lot of schtuff :((