Thursday, February 22, 2007

1 more to go...

ONE. NONE.

No-one's studying...including me :p

Doesn't matter, I can read like atleast 300 pages in one day and I have 145 here. I'm not showing off...I don't like to. So I dunno what this was.


So...I want to learn Russian some day, German too. Someday. Which is as soon as Dad comes back. This isn't fair, he knows half a dozen languages and I'm stuck with this. And yeah, meanwhile you learn D, E, F and X, Y,Z...and the ones in between :D

I started with this book yesterday - Maxim Gorky-On Literature...

The first few sentences made me read 50 pages without stopping once. Here they are -

"It was about the age of fourteen that I first learn to read intelligently. By that time I was not only attracted by the plot in the book- the more or less interesting development of the events depicted; I was beginning to muse upon the beauty of the descriptions, muse upon the characters of the men and women in the story, vaguely surmise as to the author's aims, and sense with alarm the difference between that which was spoken of in books and that which was prompted by life."

Found this book somewhere in the libary...and the other one too - Poetry from The German Democratic Republic.

There must be hundreds of them, and right here too. All mine. Dunno how he collected all these books but, I'm happy that he did. The summers sure would be fun. I didn't feel like reading this last year but this year, that's what all I want to do. Weird.

And...I guess I'll read. CIAO.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coolio...i tried learning spanish on my own, gave up in a month. my dad grew up in a "hindi" environment, so i think there are quite a few hindi novels, and books, even a diary of HIS poems, i believe, stacked somewhere in the house.

ours is an OLD house, 1940s, termits, spiders, lizards we've seen them all. hell even mongooses, not inside though, hehe...

i have always wanted to read them, just never had the "place" to do them.

Asmi Saxena said...

Mongooses, snakes, crabs.. everything! Here too.